Sunday, January 17, 2010

2010 Jewelry Trends


The new year is here and I have been researching the jewelry trends for 2010 and so I will share with you what I have learned. First lets start with colors.

Colors are really important this year. The fashion focus with this year's colors are actually warm and rich shades. Jewel tones are very popular as long as they are rich and lush. Additionally, warm tones are very in style this year. That means that yellows, oranges, and reds are very popular. I also wanted to share one of my favorite tools and resources; the Pantone Color Forecast for the upcoming Spring season!

Top 10 Trends:
1) big hoop earrings
2) big and bold pieces
3) cuff bracelets with embellishments
4) gold is making a comeback
5) pearls
6) cocktail rings with big stones
7) chandelier earrings
8) mixing cultures, mixing French chic with Indian style or Asian styles
9) statement necklaces
10) One of the major jewelry trends is going to have a Russian folkloric theme. These ornately designed pieces will be swathed in rich colors such as cobalt blue, purple, ruby, forest green, black and gold.

Please check out my website to purchase custom handmade jewelry.

3 comments: